We love all craft at SewMondo. We also love promoting wonderful local WA businesses who provide classes, information or social groups. We've put together a list of our favourite places to learn a craft, hone your craft or just get together with crafty people. Try something new!
WAQA’s 2018 SHOP HOP
Thursday 8 March – Sunday 11 March 2018
SewMondo will be holding it's event at 10 Hathor Way, Bibra Lake.
What is a Shop Hop?
As part of the WA Quilters Association Shop Hop, SewMondo will be holding it's event at 10 Hathor Way, Bibra Lake. Passport holders and non-passport holders welcome!
SewMondo and other WAQA Sponsors are opening their doors to WAQA members and friends for a shopping extravaganza! The event will take place from Thursday, 8 March to Sunday, 11 March 2018. Our shops will be offering discounts, games, activities, door prizes, raffles, demonstrations, make and take activities and yummy morning and afternoon teas. There will be an Opening Event on Thursday at Kraft Daze and Closing Event at Handcrafters House on the Sunday.
What will SewMondo be offering?
For all visitors, we will have fantastic savings and a raffle. Passport holders will be able to enter our daily door prize as well as the opportunity for a goodie bag with purchases over $100 (limited supply).
We also have a SPECIAL APPEARANCE by Jemima Flendt from Tied With A Ribbon on the Saturday from 10am to 12pm to promote her new Aurora Pattern and collaboration with SewMondo for the Aurora Quilt Kit featuring Sun Print 2018.
How does it work?
- Purchase a Passport here (both WAQA members and non-members may purchase one but they are limited in number).
- Plan your route - check each shop's details for opening hours/times and daily activities. Some events will require a RSVP.
- Grab your friends and fill you your car with petrol.
- Drive around Perth and the WA region to all the shops. There will be a number of raffle draws at the Final event - some only for attendees, WAQA members and others require a completed passport for entry based on the number of shops visited and points collected. Details will be on your Passport.
- At each shop, have your Passport stamped to be eligible for prizes. Don’t forget to collect your “lolly 5” charm square” when visiting your favourite shops. Our challenge is for you to make a small quilt. The quilt is to be completed by 1 June 2018 and drawn at sewing night in June.
We will be open:
- Thursday 8th March 2018 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Friday 9th March 2018 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Saturday 10th March 2018 9.00am to 3.00pm
- Sunday 11th March 2018 9.00am to 12.00pm
Miss Mary Sewing Classes
Miss Mary Sewing Classes will have you sewing a variety of simple, stylish outfits & craft projects, whilst learning a vast range of sewing skills. Classes are run fortnightly, in a group setting with each student individually taught and guided through projects based on their individual needs. This allows all levels of sewers to participate, from absolute beginners to advanced, and you are able to sew exactly what interests you. Miss Mary Sewing Classes will provide you with their designed and drafted patterns. All patterns are designed to be simple to sew, without compromising on style. Patterns include kids clothes, ladies clothes, home furnishings, bags, accessories and softies. You are most welcome to bring in your own patterns too!
Sew For Life
Sew for Life offers modern Perth creatives a variety of sewing classes, workshops and events to choose from. Hosted in our bright and spacious studio in Osborne Park, classes are fun and relaxed whilst being expertly designed by qualified educators to ensure you receive a quality experience and excellent value for money. Each lesson is structured to provide you with a balanced combination of information and skills that you can apply to your future projects. You’ll also receive comprehensive class notes that you can take home and refer to later on. If you're brand new to sewing, looking for a refresher class, want to improve your skills or simply join a friendly and positive community of sewing enthusiasts, then Sew for Life is exactly the place you’ve been looking for! Sew for Life also offers a range of children’s classes and workshops taught by qualified teachers, designed to ignite creativity and build life-long skills.
Christie Blizzard offers boutique, artisan workshops for kids and adults alike from her home-studio in Floreat. Specialising in creating unique pieces, Christie can guide your child to think out of the square and make art you WANT to display. From the traditional techniques of crochet, through to polymer clay, waving, embroidery and even bow-making Christie’s classes will delight both the young and the young at heart. Christie is the proprietor of Bessie & Fred, which includes handmade polymer clay and resin products.
Fremantle Arts Centre
1 Finnerty Street, Fremantle, WA
Stackwood Creative Venue and Concept Store
10 Stack Street, Fremantle, WA
Old Grey House
Perth Modern Quilt Guild
WA Quilters Association