Caravan Tote + Pouch Pattern
Orders consisting of patterns only will ship free in Australia.
A useful and sturdy tote with lots of great organized storage. You’ll be ready to go whenever life calls. Cute coordinating zippered pouch included!
- Exterior zippered pocket and exterior flap pocket
- Knitting needle slip pocket & yarn guides
- Bonus Zippered Pouch
- Mix and match your favorite prints!
Advanced beginner to intermediate (depending on what features you choose to include)
+ Approx. Finished Dimensions: 14” H x 14 1/2” W, 23” including handle, 5” D; Pouch: 7” H x 10 3/4” W
Please scroll down for materials list and purchasing information!
Want to see more examples? Check out #caravantote on Instagram.
+ Requirements based on 44” wide fabric. FQ=Fat Quarter=18″ x 22″
- Exterior Fabric 3/4 yard (1/2 yard if not making pouch)
- Contrast Top/Pocket Fabric 1/2 yard
- Zippered Pocket Lining Fabric 3/4 yard
- Lining Fabric 1/2 yard
- Lining Center Panel Fabric FQ
- Interior Slip Pocket Fabric FQ
- Handle Fabric** 1/4 yard
- Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20’’ wide) 2 1/2 yards
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (Pellon 809 – 44” wide) 1 yard
- 14” Zipper (tote); 10” Zipper (pouch)
- 18mm Light-strength Thin Magnetic Snap
- 2 sets 8mm Grommets
- 3 sets Size 24 Metal Snaps
- 2 1/2″ piece 1”-wide Twill Tape/ Ribbon/Thin Leather
**Handle Options: Substitute (2) 25” pieces of 1" wide leather or (2) 25” pieces of 1”-wide cotton webbing
Additional supplies + tools:
Thread, water-soluble pen, 1/4”-wide fusible web tape (optional), cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, seam sealant, turning tool, (2) 1/4” x 5” scraps of leather/ribbon for zipper pull, denim needle, snap setter, grommet setter
Recommended Fabrics: home dec, heavy linen, denim, canvas, twill, duck cloth, for exterior and lining. Quilting cotton for lining.