Explorer Tote Pattern
Orders consisting of patterns only will ship free in Australia.
Enjoy filling up the large size tote for an overnight getaway! Or make the small tote size for everyday use.
- front pocket, divided back pocket,and large divided interior slip pocket
- open top or recessed zipper closure options, flap with closure provides extra security for both
- large size includes short handles and a detachable strap, small size features over the shoulder straps
Skill Level: Advanced beginner
+ Approx. Finished Dimensions: 22” W, 14” H, 7” deep – large (18” W, 13” H, 4” deep – small).
Want to see more examples? Check out #campfiremessengerbag on Instagram!
+ Requirements based on 44” wide fabric. FQ=Fat Quarter=18″ x 22″
- Exterior fabric, 3/4 yard
- Lining fabric, 3/4 yard
- Flap fabric, FQ
- Accent fabric (binding, strap, slip pocket, zip pocket lining), 3/4 yard
- Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101), 2 yards
- Fusible Fleece or ByAnnie’s Soft and Stable, 1/3 yard
- 6″ non-separating zipper
- 12″ non-separating or separating zipper (optional top closure)
- Size 24 Metal Snap, 2 sets
- 1/2″ x 1″ Metal Rectangle, 4*
- 1″ Metal Strap Slider
Recommended Fabrics: Cotton or blended canvas; denim, twill, home dec for exterior. Quilting cotton for lining and accent.Alternate Closures: (4) 1” D-Rings and 1”x 16” scrap leather, or use fabric instructions (and * = omit 2) OR (2) tuck locks (and * = omit 2)Additional supplies + tools: Thread, water-soluble pen, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, turning tool, 1/4”-wide fusible web tape, (2) 1/4” x 5” strips of leather/ribbon for zipper pull(s), denim needle, snap setting tool, 3/4”-wide sew-in hook-and-loop tape or additional size 24 metal snap (for optional flap and/or back pocket closure).