Mako Cotton 50wt 200m - 5021 (Light Grey)
*Purchase 3 or more spools of any colour or size, save 7.5%. Discount calculated at the Checkout.
Aurifil thread is made from 100% long staple Egyptian cotton. The thread undergoes many processes during the manufacutring process to ensure the thread is strong, smooth and produces less lint. Each spool of Aurifil Cotton Mako is mercerised - this enables the fibres to contract and increases the efficiency of the dyeing process. The result is a high sheen thread with a great washing resistance uncomparable to other cotton threads available on the market.
Uses for 50wt thread:
- Hand Sewing: 50wt Cotton Mako is Ideal for all types of hand applique. From needle turning to using prepared shapes, the 50wt is thin and with all the colors available you can match your shape perfectly. It's a great weight for hand piecing.
- Machine Appliqué: Ideal when a very fine finish is desired. This weight disappears so your fabric is the feature. Use for a straight stitch, small zig zag , Blind hemming stitch , and Blanket stitch.
- Machine Embroidery: Great results every time. Use 50wt in the bobbin as well, or your regular bobbin thread – in which case tighten the top tension a little.
- Machine piecing: Gives a great result with a nice flat seam every time.
- Machine quilting: Use for very detailed machine quilting with a lot of back tracking such as feathers and heavy background quilting . Perfect for quilting that creates texture when you don’t necessarily want to see the quilting lines. Use the same thread in the bobbin.